Virtual reality, do it yourself, polar: weekend outings in Paris
Test virtual reality games, delight in palace pastries and pastries, participate in “do it yourself” workshops, meet authors of detective novels and escape through the pages of erotic literature. Ask for the program!
● Total immersion. The future, you know? The virtual reality and immersive technologies fair Virtuality is back at the Centquatre-Paris (19th) for the 3rd edition on November 23rd. On the program: immersive experiences, conferences, esports competitions, concerts, holograms and meetings with companies in the sector. Do not miss to test the escape game in VR without controllers or gloves (Quantum Anomaly), the new arcade Pinball VR terminal and send you in the air, paraglider obviously, in preview in France thanks to Paraglider VR. And also to fly over Parc des Princes using the Birdly simulator. Sensations guaranteed.
Virtuality Paris 2019. Centquatre-Paris. 5, Curial Street (19th). November 23 from 10am to 6pm.Prices: 20€. Tel.: 01 53 35 50 00.
● Crazy about pastries. Do you dream of treating yourself to palace pastries and pastries? This Saturday, November 23rd, pastry chef Julien Alvarez invests the Fou de Pâtisserie shop (2e) to present eight great signature creations: the pistachio-citrus Tartlet, the Mango Cheesecake, the pecan Nugget, the chocolate Lightning, the Black Forest and many others. Not to mention its unmissable marbled corn, coconut and chocolate-buckwheat cookies and toasted vanilla Flan. Guests can also enjoy Bristol’s famous pastries, pink praline brioche, apple chausson and Gianduja-milk. The World Pastry champion will also make you discover the Palace chocolates as well as two breads with flours made from the old wheat of Roland Feuillas, one of the best artisan bakers in France. Hurry up, there won’t be one for everyone…
Julien Alvarez at the Crazy Pastry shop. 45, rue Montorgueil (2nd). November 23 from 10am to 8pm. Pastries from € 6.50 and pastries from€3.
● Creative passion. Notice to creatives and textbooks, the Maker Faire Paris fair returns this weekend to the Cité des sciences et de l’industrie (19th). It is the largest event in the world around creativity and the Do it Yourself movement. This 6th Paris edition is structured around three main themes: the circular economy, commums and education. Participate in workshops of embroidery and sewing, welding, repair, creation of decorative objects and solar panels, construction of a lamp and its customization, transformation of used tights etc… But also conferences, demonstrations, exhibitions and performances will punctuate these three days of creation and innovation, proposed by 800 makers spread over more than 250 stands.
Maker making Bets. City of Science and industry. 30, avenue Corentin-Cariou (19th). Until November 24th. Rates: 3 € for 2-5 years old, 9 € reduced rate and 12 € full rate.
● Detective novels. Lovers of crime literature meet at the town hall of the 13th for the 16th edition of Paris Polar. Can we laugh at everything? This year’s festival articulates around the theme ” Black humor…when the crazy polar”. About thirty authors (Danielle Thiery, Philippe Huet, Sylvie Allouche, Nick Gardel…) are invited for round tables, tête-à-tête and signings. Paris Polar is also projections, exhibitions and animations. Watch the night walk through the dark and criminal corners of humor on Saturday, November 23rd at 6pm and Sunday, November 24th at 3pm. Be careful, you might encounter cannibal barbers, clowns and murderous mimes…
Paris Polar. Town Hall of the 13th, 1 place d’Italie (13th). Until November 24th. Free admission. Reservation of night walks on email@example.com
● Raunchy pages. The salon de la littérature érotique takes up residence at La Bellevilloise this Sunday, November 24th for its fourth edition. After the incredible success of 50 shades of Grey, the “new romance” that mixes love and sex has the wind in its sails . Amateurs or neophytes, find twenty authors of erotic literature or essays on sexuality (Lucile Bellan, Nomi Jolinomi, Caroline Michel etc.). On the program: conferences debates, challenges of erotic writing and unusual animations, such as an erotic listening to headphones by Audible.
Salon of erotic literature. Bellevilloise. 19-21 Boyer Street (20th). November 24th from 3pm to 9pm. Prices: 10 € presale and 15 € on site.
The Good Planet Foundation (16th) invites you to an auction on Sunday 24 November from 4pm and offers you to leave with exceptional lots: dance with Fauve Hautot, discover the Palace of Versailles for a secret visit or attend the final of TOP CHEF.
The festival Migrant’scène is packing its bags in 20 venues in Paris and Île-de-France until December 3rd for screenings, debates, performances, concerts around the theme Resistance(s).
Montreuil (93) hosts the MARMOE festival until November 24 dedicated to arts for children. On the program: live performance, cinema, music, visual arts, exhibitions and workshops.
Ready or Not presents the Battle RON festival which brings together all the genres of Hip-Hop, à La Place (1st) and La Bellevilloise (20th) until November 24th.
The Aquarium of Paris (16th) organizes on Saturday, November 23rd a day around the book “the Eloquence of the sardine” by Bill François. On the program: guided tour by the author, readings of excerpts and signing session.
The Biennale internationale de la Gravure is invited to Sarcelles (92) from November 23 to December 8 where more than 400 engravings by 20 artists will be exhibited, such as Henry Goetz, Antonio Segui or Olivier Debré.