The 11 finalists of the 2nd Edition of Next Lab are already known
This afternoon the four short films, four series and three feature films that have passed to the final of the 2nd Edition of Next Lab have been announced. These 11 works have been presented by creators of five different nationalities, something that undoubtedly reflects well the internationality of this workshop of avant-garde animation projects organized in Madrid. To know the winners will have to wait until February 26.
List with the 11 finalists:
- 40 Days Without the Sun by João Furia (Brazil). Short film project.
- Animal Drone League by Christian Garnez (Spain). Series project, winner of the DeAPlaneta Entertainment Award.
- Looking for Ana by Inés Vecilla Fernández (Spain). Short film project.
- Cretaceous 96 by Rafael Carmona González (Spain). Series project.
- Draw-Tables by Lorenzo Degl Innocenti and Xosé Zapata (Spain, Portugal). Feature film project.
- oblivion by Claudia Ruiz (Argentina). Feature film project.
- Lumen by Enric Sant (Spain). Short film project.
- Onion & Pea by David Tomaselli and Jose M. Villena (Spain). Series project.
- Plock by Javier Bernardino Alonso (Spain). Series project.
- The Elephant I Found Under My Skin from Shaool Levy and Daniel Sweed (Israel). Short film project.
- Journey to the Forgotten Forest by Noelia Mª Muíño González (Spain). Feature film project.
These 11 finalist projects from Argentina, Brazil, Spain, Portugal and Israel, delve into the use of virtual tools to optimize both the creative process and its production. On Saturday, February 26, the teaser of each of them will be shown, made with Quill or Unreal Engine.
The jury of this edition will decide the 2 winning projects that Next Lab will take to Annecy 2022, one of the most important animation festivals in the world. If you want to attend this event in person, remember that places are limited and that the registration period is already open.