Mark Zuckerberg is facing a new attack from Facebook investors... and the 6 things to know in tech this morning
Hello! Here are the 7 important things to know in new technologies and digital life, this Wednesday, June 5, 2019.
1. Facebook activist investor wants independent investigation into Mark Zuckerberg’s outsized power. This request comes a week after some shareholders took action to diminish the power of the CEO of the social network.
2. Actor Robert Downey Jr. will use robotics, artificial intelligence and technology to clean up the Earth in ten years. The Iron Man actor has created a foundation for this purpose called Footprint Coalition.
3. Goldman Sachs says Uber’s business model is one of its biggest risks. Regulation in the world of its VTC business remains a major concern for the bank.
4. Google reportedly working on mysterious new device. The company has registered a document with the FCC with very little information, just that it is a media device.
5. The former CEO of Radio France Mathieu Gallet is betting that you are willing to pay to listen to podcasts. The French startup Majelan launches on iOS and Android, its app dedicated to listening to narrative content — podcasts, audiobooks… – free and paid.
6. Sega unveils the 42 classic video games that will feature on its Genesis Mini retro console. The console will be released on September 19.
7. Huawei’s sales are reported to have fallen by 20% in France within a week of the US decision to ban the manufacturer. Huawei, which will no longer benefit from Google’s Android, has decided to develop its own mobile operating system.
Receive our latest news
Every day, the main Business Insider news