Product overview: FaceRevealed is a modern image recognition app, which lets users recognize faces of the real people, including celebrities. Plus, you can add any real person you know. The customer wanted an app to be used in multiple industries:
- As an entertainment option (you wish to know more about the celebrity)
- As a marketing feedback option (scan people faces to get their real feelings about the product/ service)
- As a secure biometric authentication (access smartphones, cars, other vital assets).
Issues: We needed to implement the facial recognition option within the Domain-specific models. We needed to make the facial recognition technology work even when it’s dark. Plus, we had to apply the possibility to add any person to the base and once added, it should be able to recognize him or her in all images where that person is present.
Technologies used: computer vision image recognition
Result: FaceRevealed works fine with all 3 divisions:
- It recognizes 500, 000+ celebrities from fashion and entertainment, business, politics, and sports and gives general information about the person, such as name, race, age, profession, hobbies.
- It is used as a marketing feedback capability by several companies to gain insights into customer satisfaction.
- It has become a form of a secure biometric authentication in several online stores.